Dead Men Walking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A zombie survival d20 Modern PbP game

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So, fuck Amazon.com

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-05-20

So, fuck Amazon.com Empty
PostSubject: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:07 am

As geeks and nerds are wont to do, I pre-ordered D&D 4th edition, released today, back on January 28th. For 5 months, I was led to believe my items would ship TODAY.

This morning, when I didn't receive the email I expected notifying me that my books were on their way, I checked my order online.

"Estimated Ship Date: July 3rd, 2008"

Excuse me? Why did I pre-order then? Why did I place an order 5 months ago with you for an item I won't receive until after people who will walk into game stores across the country today?

WTF?

Anyway, I canceled my order. Screw 'em.

Honey, I called Six Feet Under Games. They open at 10. Here's hoping they call me back, and have books that aren't spoken for. Yeah, it's going to cost more.
Back to top Go down
https://pbpgames.rpg-board.net
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:22 am

Really?

That's strange. My pre-order says to be shipped June 10th. I guess we'll see on Tuesday if mine changes as well.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:27 am

Yeah, I thought it was weird too. I called them, and the woman was kind enough to inform me that I would just be patient enough to wait until July, they'd waive my shipping fees.

I told her thanks, but no thanks. I'll find them somewhere else.

I mean, I know that it's a popular item, but...what's the point of a pre-order if I can't get it on the date I pre-ordered it for?
Back to top Go down
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 3:31 pm

So after my amazon order was canceled as well, I placed an order with Barnes and Noble. I just got the confirmation email that the books are shiiped and I should have them bye Thursday or Friday.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 3:36 pm

Yeah, I got mine Friday like I said. I like what I'm seeing so far. I just built a minotaur Wizard. With no level adjustment. Smile

My dream has come true.
Back to top Go down
Henry Masterson

Henry Masterson

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:31 pm

Did you guys order the set of three books, or just order each book seperately? Cause I really want to order on Amazon.com, cause that set is like $30 cheaper there, and it's free shipping. PHBK, DMGD, MNSTMAN for $57.xx.
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:59 pm

I had preordered the gift set. But I think you'll end up waiting whether you order all three books separately or in the gift set together.
Back to top Go down
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:47 am

I too preordered the gift set. One of the regulars at Humungo was also saying that his preorder was bumped as well, and he ore-ordered the single books.

The word from various nerd forums is that you're place in the pre-order queue was designaed by your shipping choice, with super saver's going to the bottom of the list.

Adding insult to injury, if you modified your shippig method while in the pre-order queue, it moved you to the bottom of the list... no matter what your new shipping method was.
Back to top Go down
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Just got alerted by Jill that my books got there this afternoon. Woot!
Back to top Go down
Game Master
Admin
Game Master

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:58 am

I am greatly amused.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Game Master on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
George Carpenter

George Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:03 am

Touche'! That's mighty funny.
Back to top Go down
Henry Masterson

Henry Masterson

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:46 am

funny stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, fuck Amazon.com   So, fuck Amazon.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, fuck Amazon.com
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Men Walking :: Dead Men Walking :: Out-of-Character Posts-
Jump to: